Sunday, August 15, 2010

Not By Myself, Yet Feeling Alone

Mac is so tired he lays down to drink his water.
Today as I am contemplating how I will begin this journey, I am sitting here in our home with Mac. Patrick is away at the moment and I feel alone, although Mac does his best to let me know I am not by myself! Home for us is now in Fort Knox, Kentucky. We landed here after 3 wondrous years in Germany. I am missing our travel opportunities in Europe and hope to share some of those with you, while also looking forward to cramming in some much needed travel here in and around Kentucky in the months ahead. I have every intention of trying to find places that travel well for dogs. That is as long as I can find a way of traveling with Mac that does not involve him getting car sick. Up until now we have been having him ride in the back seat with a seat cover and hooking him up to a harness for dogs. That proved to be a VERY bad idea when I took him for a ride last week. Maybe he still has his puppy quirks but I am hoping he outgrows it soon, or else we may have to try getting a barrier for the back of the wagon or put his travel crate back there so he can travel more safely. We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment